Florida Planners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Florida Planners! READ FIRST

Go down

Welcome to Florida Planners! READ FIRST Empty Welcome to Florida Planners! READ FIRST

Post by Admin Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:07 am

Welcome Floridians!

This is a forum dedicated to networking with your fellow Floridians to plan for the inevitable... from natural to disasters caused by humans, foreign to domestic and everything in between.

Before posting on this site, I have a few guidelines I must bring to your attention. Due to the nature of the information that will be shared and the content of the forum, I will ask you to take some precautionary measures to safeguard yourselves and your fellow Floridians. These are measures I take every time I go on the web.

NO EXCEPTIONS!

1. Find a VPN (virtual private network) to download and install.

Many are free and many cost $5-$10 a month. This will ensure your IP address cannot be tracked and you will not endanger yourself and others you choose to communicate with. I have paid for a lifetime subscription for $60 last year. The holidays are the best times to find a great deal. Free accounts are better than none but they will be limited to servers, speed, bandwidth or in some cases, all. Some work on all devices and the paid plans are worth it, allowing you to protect all your mobile devices and a few computers.

If you don't know what a VPN is, google it and look up the pros... in this day and age, there really are no cons other than slightly slower overall speed.

2. Create an email account that enables peer to peer encryption for sensitive information, such as this forum for communication.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE GMAIL, LIVE, AT&T, UNIVERSITY OR ANY OTHER EMAIL ACCOUNTS THAT DON'T OFFER ENCRPYTION LINKED TO THIS FORUM OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE THAT INCLUDES SENSITIVE INFORMATION. IF YOU CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY "SENSITIVE", SMARTEN UP BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING OR REGISTER.THESE EMAIL COMPANIES ARE GOVENMENT FUNDED AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO EASILY READ YOUR MAIL. EVEN IF THE ONE YOU USE ISNT, WHICH IS RARE, THE SERVERS ARE ON US SOIL, THEREFORE THE COMPANIES MUST COMPLY WHEN FORCED TO GIVE UP YOUR INFO.

I suggest using ProtonMail, it is free, based in Switzerland, where they have the strictest privacy laws on earth, therefore the US has no jurisdiction to spy on your emails when their servers are not on our soil. There are others but this is the best, so much so that I pay $5 a month for an upgraded account. If everyone on this site uses their PM emails, we'll have no issues as any PM email sent to another PM address will be auto-encrypted and can't be read by anyone else, period. If you encounter ANY member that uses any email account that does not have encryption, they should be reported and will be banned.

NO EXCEPTIONS. WHEN YOU SEND SOMEONE AN EMAIL THAT IS NOT ENCRYPTED, BOTH PARTIES ARE VULNERABLE, NOT JUST THE SENDER.

For that reason, I want all members of this forum to include your email address SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR THIS FORUM to be included in your profile. IF you see a member using ANY unencrypted mail service, report them and DO NOT CONTACT THEM. I WILL HAVE A LIST OF ACCEPTABLE SERVICES SOON. WE DON'T need a careless liability to bring attention to this forum and risk getting innocent members exposed.

1 strike, you're out. NO warnings, NO exceptions.

3. USE COMMON SENSE. DO NOT POST SENSITIVE INFO HERE.

If you must relay sensitive info, use the PM account you made specifically for this site. Other encryption using emails would work but require passwords to decrypt each mail which may cause errors due to forgetfulness and laziness. PM emails to PM users are auto-encrypted so there is less margin for error. All it takes is one slip up for the whole deck to crumble, I advise against using anything less than PM.

I personally will not communicate with anyone not having a PM account for these reasons. I go through precautions daily to protect myself online and if you can't even make and use a separate account for this critical issue, I don't want you in my circle period.

It's free, it's the safest and easiest to use. If you choose to network with someone that doesn't use a PM account, that's on you and a huge red flag. I'm not willing to trust anyone in hopes that they'll encrypt each and every mail to me. NO THANKS.

This forum is just a place where we can trade ideas THROUGH EMAIL. Sensitive info should not be posted on the forum. We introduce ourselves here and discuss non-sensitive material here, that's it. Notice the wording I've used so far. Notice the word "planners" and not the more commonly used word. Think about it and why I did that. If you can't figure it out, leave now and don't come back until you figure it out. Do not brag about anything, that only brings attention to yourself and others here. A simple search engine search can expose you.

Think twice before you post ANYTHING.

4. Don't use your real names, use aliases or a fake name when posting or creating your profile. When you exchange emails to communicate, then you may reveal your name. Not in the forums. It's for your own protection.

Thanks for taking the time to familiarizing yourself to the rules I have lived by for the last 2 years. To be honest, you should follow these rules regardless of why you use the Internet. Unless you're just online to play video games or check sports sites. In this day and age with technology so advanced, it's better safe than sorry. Hope to talk to you soon and please stay safe and keep your peers around you safe as well. Online or in reality.

-Admin

This is serious. Please abide by the rules and we'll make some lasting relationships, if not, you'll be looking for another forum real fast, or worse you'll have some uniform kicking down your door.

Admin
Admin

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail https://flplanners.board-directory.net
Back to top Go down

Admin
Admin

https://flplanners.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down